Tuesday 1 April 2014

Nailed it.

One thing you guys may not know about me – I have a slight obsession with nail art. Nothing over the top, I prefer a subtle design that doesn’t scream at you but is an extra detail to those who do notice it.


Another thing, I get bored very easily and change the design a lot. As you can see from my last post, I originally painted my nails with a cute zig zag stripe going down the middle. Two days later and it’s changed again.



One element that hadn’t changed however is the base. I picked up ‘Lilacism’ from Essie the other day and I can’t get over how good it looks on. It nails the spring pastel trend whilst being subtle enough to wear every day. It also looks great on paler skin tones, and after a long winter pale is definitely me at the minute. I find that other pastel shades I have tried in the past tend to wash me out slightly.



I paired the lilac base with French tips and a leopard print feature nail. The French tips were insanely easy as I used my new Barry M Nail Art Pen. It is similar in design to the tipex pen in that you pump the nib to fill the tip with nail paint. So far I have used it to draw hearts, stripes and zig zags and I can’t wait to try out polka dots.

There’s something about freshly painted nails that always brighten my day. That little extra something that makes me feel good. What does it for you?
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Georgina! I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Details are on my blog :) Beth xxx

    http://doodleanddaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, how lovely of you :)

      Georgina x

      Delete